Slices of chicken with potatoes and white sauce. Whip up a Chicken and Potato Bake for an easy dinner any night of the week! This dish features layers of sliced potatoes and diced chicken in a creamy white sauce made with cream of mushroom soup. The whole family will love the simple, hearty casserole!
The sauce: mix the whole things (flour, milk, salt, black pepper, olive oil, cheese if you like) cook until the sauce thickens. Layer half the potato slices over the bottom of a shallow oven-proof dish and season with salt and pepper. Pour the white sauce over the chicken then scatter over some frozen peas. You can cook Slices of chicken with potatoes and white sauce using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Slices of chicken with potatoes and white sauce
- You need 2 pieces of chicken breast 🐔.
- Prepare 5 of potatoes 🥔.
- You need of For sauce.
- You need 2 tsp of flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 cups of water.
- It’s 2 tsp of milk powder.
- It’s to taste of salt & black pepper.
Arrange shredded chicken on top then add some more peas. Add remaining potatoes in even layer, and dot surface with garlic butter. Chicken – The chicken breast works perfectly for this recipe because we soak it in the white sauce, which helps keep it moist and juicy.; Parmesan – Adds a nice nutty flavor to the sauce.; Garlic – A little goes a long way. I have used small minced garlic, which is about a teaspoon.
Slices of chicken with potatoes and white sauce instructions
- Slice the chicken breasts, cook them with olive oil. Season with salt, black pepper and Spices of your choice: It will need about 20 mins to cook..
- Peel the potatoes and cut into circular slices. Sprinkle with olive oil, salt, black pepper, bake about 30 minutes..
- The sauce: mix the whole things (flour, milk, salt, black pepper, olive oil, cheese if you like) cook until the sauce thickens..
- Put the potatoes and then the chicken breast on the top and add the sauce. Bake for additional 20 minutes..
I also added a thinly sliced onion on the chicken before putting on the potatoes. I used boneless chicken breast just because that's what I had- turned out great! Peel and thin slice enough potatoes to layer in the pan to an inch from the top. Layer slices of American cheese on top of the potatoes. Pour half of the white sauce over the potatoes.