Beans Potatoes and Sausage. Sausage, green beans & potatoes can be made in the crock pot or on the stove top. This is an easy, versatile recipe that you can make on the stove top when in a hurry or put it in the crock pot or slow cooker and let it cook dinner while you do something else. A savory sausage green beans and potatoes meal perfectly cooked in the oven on a sheet pan.
It's quick, simple and loaded with foods I love. Best of all, the sausage green beans and potatoes recipe only uses one sheet pan for cooking. I've made sausage, green beans, and potatoes using the Instant Pot as well and it works great, too! You can cook Beans Potatoes and Sausage using 5 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beans Potatoes and Sausage
- You need of Small Bushel full of Garden Fresh Green Beans.
- It’s 8 of Red Potatoes, quartered.
- You need 1 Pkg. of Skinless Smoked Sausage, cubed or sliced.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Salt.
- It’s 2-3 of Tbsps. Coconut Shortening.
Use the type of potato your family enjoys. Spread green beans, potatoes, and sausage on the baking sheet. They do not need to be kept separate. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder, basil, and oregano.
Beans Potatoes and Sausage instructions
- Wash and rinse beans to remove dirt and throw away any bad looking or to soft beans. Trim ends and remove any strings. Add to a Large Stock Pot. Fill pot 3/4 full of water, add shortening, and salt. Turn heat on high and bring to a boil. Boil for 2 hours, stirring occasionally..
- 25-30 Minutes before the 2 hour mark add the Potatoes and Smoked Sausage. Finish cooking. Once 2 hours is up check the green beans and potatoes to see if they are tender. If so, turn off the heat and enjoy 😊.
Stir so everything is well seasoned. Spread sausage and veggies in a single layer after stirring. On a large sheet of foil, place the green beans, red potatoes, onion, and sausage. Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with oil, and top with butter. Tightly seal foil around the ingredients, leaving only a small opening.