Potato and chorizo tacos. Crispy potato and chorizo are a classic taco combination—one that taco trucks usually get wrong. The ideal potato and chorizo taco should be deeply browned and flavorful, each crisp cube of potato coated in a thin layer of bright red fat packed with spicy, meaty flavor. The chorizo itself should have a range of textures from tender and moist to crisp.
In Mexico, food that is quick, tasty and served in bite-size portions is known as antojitos which means "little cravings" and you will crave them after trying them. Juicy, highly seasoned Mexican chorizo is the key to these classic tacos, and we devised a quick method for making our own. As you cook, mash some of the potatoes. You can have Potato and chorizo tacos using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Potato and chorizo tacos
- It’s .75-1 lb of chorizo(my recipe or yours).
- Prepare 1 of white onion (1/2 cup finely diced and onion chopped the rest for service).
- You need 1 1/2 cup of gold potato petite diced.
- It’s to taste of Ancho.
- Prepare to taste of cumin.
- You need to taste of smoked paprika.
- You need to taste of salt.
I'll admit that the first time I heard of a potato taco, I wasn't impressed. It sounded like a dense, heavy, carb-fest. Then at the Foodbuzz festival last November I had the opportunity to try a potato and chorizo taco from tacolicious. My mind was changed – they were one of the highlights of the street food fare and I've been anxious to try them again ever since.
Potato and chorizo tacos instructions
- Start by adding some evo to a pan and heat. Add the chorizo and cook until cooked through and crumbling.
- Add the onions and potatoes and add another glug of oil and season by dusting the top with ancho, cumin, paprika, garlic powder followed by a few pinches of salt and cook until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the chorizo back in with a some fresh cilantro and cook for an additional 5 minutes, taste for salt. Serve with accoutrements like white onion, tomatoes, cotija cheese, avocado, cilantro and spicy crema..
For our Chorizo and Potato Tacos, we start by making our own juicy, highly seasoned chorizo: We mix ground pork with ancho chile powder and spices that have been bloomed in oil to bring out their flavors. We cook the pork mixture in a skillet and add parboiled diced potatoes that absorb the flavorful pork fat and juices as they finish cooking. Have a taco party with these Vegan Chorizo and Crispy Potato Tacos! vegan chorizo crumbles and crispy Yukon gold potatoes are tucked into corn tortillas and topped with minced white onion and fresh cilantro. A simple and delicious way to taco! Tacos Dorados take me back to the time when I lived in Tijuana and my mother would cook them when I got back from school.