Potato Salad with Mustard & Herbs. Let Our Collection Of Easy & Simple Recipes Guide You In The Kitchen. Browse Now In a saucepan, cover potatoes with water and cook until tender but firm. In a bowl, combine egg salad, mayonnaise, mustard, onion and salt.
Drain, place in a large mixing bowl and beat until smooth. Southern style mustard potato salad is the perfect side dish! Boiled potatoes are mixed with crunchy celery, cooked eggs, and a creamy mustard dressing in this classic southern recipe. You can cook Potato Salad with Mustard & Herbs using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Potato Salad with Mustard & Herbs
- You need 3 lbs of Cambray potatoes.
- It’s 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar.
- It’s 3-4 tbsp of Dijon mustard (I recommend the one with whole grains).
- You need 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- You need 5 of scallions.
- You need 1/2 cup of parsley leaves.
- You need 1/2 cup of fresh dill.
- It’s to taste of salt and pepper.
Boiled potatoes are mixed with crunchy celery, cooked eggs, and a creamy mustard dressing in this classic southern recipe. Classic Mustard Potato Salad is bursting with amazing flavors, and perfect for serving up at a backyard BBQ! Crispy, tender russet potatoes, soft eggs, crunchy onions and sweet relish all mixed with a mustard and mayo combination topped with green onions for garnish! This classic mustard potato salad is a MUST make.
Potato Salad with Mustard & Herbs instructions
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and then cook uncovered until done (20-25 minutes). They're done when a knife slides easily in and out of a potato. Meanwhile:.
- Chop scallions, parsley and dill (doesn't need to be too fine a chop). Combine..
- In a large bowl, whisk together mustard and vinegar. Then, very slowly (as if you were making mayonnaise), add the oil while whisking briskly (say that five times fast!). This creates a creamy emulsified dressing that makes all the difference in the world!.
- Once the potatoes are done, drain them and rinse them with cold water to cool them down. Once at room temperature, cut them in halves. Combine with the dressing, mixing gently to coat them. Season with salt and pepper..
- Add the chopped herbs and scallions, combine. Transfer to a serving bowl and bask in its beauty!.
- Serve and enjoy! (a nice cold beer is an excellent pairing).
Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water. Throw in a palmful of salt and bring to a boil. In another small bowl add the cooked egg yolks, mayonnaise, vinegar and mustard; mix thoroughly breaking up yolks. Pour mayonnaise mixture over potato mixture and toss to coat. Place in pretty bowl and sprinkling lightly with paprika.