Chicken & Potato Samosas. Find recipes for fried chicken, chicken breast, grilled chicken, chicken wings, and more! The chicken (Gallus gallus domesticus) is a type of domesticated fowl, a subspecies of the red junglefowl (Gallus gallus). There are more chickens in the world than any other bird or domesticated fowl.
This super speedy version is perfect for an easy, awesome weeknight meal. Serve these chicken thighs with all of the delicious lemon-caper sauce over angel hair pasta. Chicken recipes are a family-favorite any time of year. You can have Chicken & Potato Samosas using 22 ingredients and 24 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken & Potato Samosas
- It’s of For the Filling.
- Prepare 9 of Potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of Mustard Seeds.
- You need 1 of Onion, peeled and sliced.
- Prepare of Few teaspoons Vegetable Oil.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of Crushed Ginger.
- You need 1 pound of Boneless Chicken Pieces.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Water.
- Prepare 1 cup of Frozen Peas.
- Prepare 3 teaspoons of Red Chilli Powder.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of Salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Garam Masala.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of Ground Cumin.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of Ground Coriander.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Mango Powder.
- Prepare Handful of Fresh Coriander Leaves, chopped.
- Prepare of For the Dough.
- You need 3 cups of all-purpose flour, plus more as needed.
- You need 1 tablespoon of granulated suga.
- It’s 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of ghee (clarified butter) or oil.
- It’s 1 cup of warm water.
Jazz up this supper staple with flavorful recipes for roasted, baked, and fried chicken as well as chicken casserole, soup, salad, wings, pasta and more. Chock-full of chicken, potatoes, peas and corn, this recipe makes two golden pies, so you can serve one at supper and save the other for a busy night. This is the best chicken potpie recipe to have on hand when company comes over. —Karen Johnson, Bakersfield, California Chicken Tetrazzini combines cooked vermicelli, chicken, and mushrooms with a rich sherry-Parmesan cheese sauce. The mixture is sprinkled with breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese and baked until bubbly and golden.
Chicken & Potato Samosas step by step
- Start by making the dough – you will need to refrigerate overnight before making the samosas..
- In a large bow,l add flour and make a well then add sugar, salt..
- Add water, and ghee or oil. Knead to form soft and sticky dough..
- Place dough on a heavily floured board and knead for about 3-4minutes. Continue to flour dough as needed to facilitate kneading. Be careful not to overdo it. Dough should be soft, elastic and smooth..
- Cover the dough and let it rest for 15 to 20 minutes..
- On a lightly floured surface, form the dough into 16 balls..
- Wrap the dough balls in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight..
- Remove dough balls from fridge the next day making sure to bring them to room temperature before proceeding..
- Start making the filling while the dough balls come up to room temperature..
- Place the potatoes into a pan of water and boil them until they are cooked through. Drain out the water and then roughly mash them – leave somewhat chunky. Set aside..
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add the mustard seeds and fry for 10 seconds until they start to pop. Add the onions and ginger and stir-fry for a few minutes..
- Add the chicken and brown on a medium heat for a few minutes. Add the water and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked..
- Then, take a potato masher and mash the chicken. (or use a food processor).
- Add the peas and smashed potatoes – Mix well.
- Add all of the spices, the salt and the fresh coriander. Mix well.
- Cover and steam on low heat for a few minutes until the peas are cooked. Allow to cool completely before using to fill samosas..
- To make the Samosas:.
- Roll the dough using a lightly floured rolling pin; cut it half. Spoon a generous 1-2 tablespoons filling in the center of a half-circle; lightly moisten the dough edges with water or flour paste, using your finger. Fold the end over the filling to form a triangle, and then continue to fold up the strip in triangles, like you would a flag. Continue with remaining dough. Set samosas on tray..
- In a large sauce pan, pour vegetable oil, until it is at least 3 inches, and place on medium heat or until oil is 350 degrees..
- When ready, gently place a few samosas at a time into the saucepan..
- Fry for a few minutes until the bottom side is light brown..
- Turn over and fry for a few more minutes until the other side is light brown..
- If baking, place on a baking sheet and brush with canola oil. Then bake at 375 degrees F for about 20 minutes or more until golden brown, turning once..
- Serve warm or at room temperature with ranch dressing, raita, (mango) chutney, or tamarind sauce..
This is a great way to use leftover cooked chicken. Parmesan is full of flavor, so a little goes a long way. Choose your KFC chicken: original recipe, extra crispy, Kentucky grilled chicken, extra crispy tenders, hot wings and popcorn nuggets. I wanted the richness of long-simmered chicken stew, but without the fuss of using a whole chicken. This compromise, using boneless skinless chicken thighs with bone-in chicken breast, gave me the richness of flavor and ease of preparation I was looking for!