Spicy Fried potatoes and sausage. Great recipe for Spicy Fried potatoes and sausage. I kept it simple but you can top with shredded cheese, bacon bits, green onions, or queso dip. You can substitute the sausage for chorizo as well.
Fried potatoes are also excellent with sausage and onions, so when I found this recipe for Southern fried potatoes with sausage, onions, mushrooms, and cheese by the great YouTuber, ThePohto Southern Cooking I really got excited. My grandma used to make a fried potato dish that was very much like this but. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, sausage, onion, red pepper, green pepper and pepper rings. You can cook Spicy Fried potatoes and sausage using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spicy Fried potatoes and sausage
- You need 6 of potatoes.
- It’s 1-2 of jalapeños depending on how much spice you like.
- It’s 1 of hot banana pepper.
- Prepare 1 of purple onion.
- You need 1 of large ecrich sausage.
- Prepare 3-4 tablespoons of oil.
- Prepare Teaspoon of garlic powder, onion powder.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of adobo.
- Prepare 1/2 of sazon packet.
- Prepare to taste of Cajun season.
Mix oil, Creole seasoning and pepper; drizzle over potato mixture and toss to coat. Put oil in the pan and add the chopped onions and garlic. The smaller the cube the less cooking time. Add salt and pepper to season accordingly to your taste.
Spicy Fried potatoes and sausage instructions
- Wash everything up and cut the ends off everything and remove membrane and seeds from peppers. Cut the potatoes long ways and then cut into pieces. Finely dice the onion and peppers. Slice the sausage long ways and then into pieces..
- Put oil in a cast iron skillet and heat to medium. Place everything except the sausage in the pan and cover. Cook 15-20 min until potatoes are able to poke with a fork and feel soft. Remove lid, mix in sausage and fry another 5-10 minutes..
Turn the potatoes every few minutes till they are browned on all sides. Slice the smoked sausage (I use the skinless with cheese inside) and add to the pan. Sausage and Potatoes makes a great meal all by itself but I also love to serve it with corn. Here is my favorite way to cook corn on the cob. How to make Sausage and Potatoes.