Potato Salad. Now Choose From Multiple Easy Potato Recipes To Create That Perfect Meal. Fill Your Cart With Color Today! Most potato salads look and taste better when made with low-starch red boiling potatoes.
Try your hand at one of these recipes for your next party, picnic or potluck! A classic potato salad is a must have at every picnic and barbecue. And in my opinion, this one is the best. You can cook Potato Salad using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Potato Salad
- You need 3 lb of petite red potatoes.
- It’s 1 of red onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 6 of celery stalks, chopped.
- You need 1 1/4 cups of mayo.
- It’s 2 Tbs of mustard.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 2-3 tsp of fresh parsley, chopped (optional).
- Prepare 8 of hard-boiled eggs, chopped.
Based off my dad's recipe, it's creamy, tangy, with a little bit of crunch from the crunch. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. The potato salad ingredients you'll want to include depend on your own particular preference, but celery, onion, egg and mayonnaise are the classic choices. Once you master this easy recipe, try another from our collection of potato salad recipes.
Potato Salad instructions
- In a medium stockpot, cover potatoes with water. Bring to a boil. Once boiling turn down the heat to medium-high and cook for 30 minutes. Must be fork tender, if not sure cook for 5 minutes. Drain water and set potatoes aside to cool. (Cool for 45 minutes).
- While potatoes are cooking, hard boil eggs in a sauce pan. Cover eggs with water. Bring to boil and cook for 12 minutes. Drain water and then put eggs under cool water until they are cool enough to peel..
- While eggs and potatoes are cooking, chop onion, celery, and parsley. Add into a large mixing bowl wit mayo, mustard, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Chop eggs and potatoes once cool and mix into the salad..
The filling vegetable pairs perfectly with mayonnaise and other sauces for a delicious accompaniment to any meal. If you enhance your favorite recipe with an array of spices or creative add-ins, you can make something that's truly unique and flavorful. Potato Salad Ingredients: Alright, let's talk ingredients! To make this Southern potato salad recipe, you will need: Potatoes: I prefer buttery Yukon Gold potatoes for this recipe, but Russets or red potatoes would also work well too. Feel free to peel your potatoes if you do not like the skins, but I always leave them in because I like the extra texture that they add.