Garlicky herbed potatoes. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. In a large skillet, melt butter. Add the potatoes, bacon, salt and pepper; toss to coat.
Enjoy the spice trio of oregano, thyme, and garlic for an incredible boost of flavor. Add paprika and sea salt on these garlic roasted potatoes for the ultimate feast! Brush bottom of a large ovenproof or cast-iron skillet with some remaining herb butter. You can cook Garlicky herbed potatoes using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Garlicky herbed potatoes
- It’s 2 lbs of baby creamer potatoes, halved.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of unsalted butter.
- It’s of Large handful fresh Italian parsley, roughly chopped.
Cover bottom of skillet with a layer of sliced Yukon Gold and sweet potatoes; start from center and work outward in concentric circles, overlapping slices. Generously brush top with more herb butter. Garlic Herb Skillet Potatoes Garlic Herb Skillet Potatoes. Garlic herb roasted potatoes are a tasty side dish for any meal.
Garlicky herbed potatoes instructions
- Put the potatoes in a large pot of cold water. Turn the heat up to medium-high and let the water comes to a boil. Simmer the potatoes for 15 to 20 minutes, or until they're about 3/4 cooked..
- While waiting for the potatoes, add a pinch of salt to the garlic and crush it into a paste with the flat of your knife. Put the garlic in a bowl with 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil and let it infuse..
- When the potatoes are done, drain them well. Put a large pan on medium-high heat. Add 3 or 4 tbsp of the garlicky olive oil to the pan. Take care not to include any garlic pieces, as they'll burn. Add the potatoes and let them fry until browned, about 10 minutes..
- Transfer the potatoes to a large mixing bowl. Add the crushed garlic and remaining olive oil, butter, and chopped parsley. Toss, add salt to taste, then toss again. Serve hot..
They're easy to make, hold a creamy yet crispy texture, and are tossed in quite a bit of garlic goodness. Sure, mashed potatoes are a tasty way to eat potatoes. But in my opinion, nothing is better than perfectly roasted potatoes straight out of the oven. A fork should easily pierce the potato pieces by the end. Drain and let sit one minute while moisture evaporates.