Braised Chicken and Potato. Braised chicken and potatoes 薯仔焖鸡 is a familiar home-cooked dish served in Cantonese households. My family used to cook it frequently because all the ingredients are readily available, quick and easy, and is a one-pot balanced meal. Braised chicken with potatoes is quintessential Chinese comfort food.
Return the chicken pieces to the pan, and nestle them into the liquid, skin-side up. Add the potatoes, then add more water until the liquid barely covers the. Tips to make Braised Chicken with Potatoes and Vegetables. You can cook Braised Chicken and Potato using 7 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Braised Chicken and Potato
- You need 2 pcs of chicken thigh.
- Prepare 2 of big potato.
- You need of Garlic and shallot.
- You need of Oyster sauce.
- It’s 1 of little bit vinegar.
- It’s 1 of little bit ketchup.
- You need 5 pcs of peppercorns.
Use bone in chicken breasts and removed the skin to reduce fat and calories. Braising anything really adds a nice flavor to any meat. The key is to get a nice deep caramel like color on the chicken while it is being seared! Tips for making this chicken and potato recipe: Start by cooking the potatoes, following the directions on the package.
Braised Chicken and Potato step by step
- Heat wok add oil, fry a little the potato, set aside when done..
- Stir fry garlic and shallot then add the chicken. Stir fry until chicken color will turn golden brown. Then add potato, half cup water and the seasonings. Cover and simmer until the sauce evaporates..
Meanwhile, trim celery, saving any tender leaves for garnish. Use a vegetable peeler to remove any tough strings. Lower heat to medium and add celery and potatoes to the pan. Heat a large, heavy ovenproof skillet (preferably cast iron) over medium-high heat. Flip chicken, and push to side of skillet.