Perfectly baked Potatoes. The Same Golden, Crispy Hash Browns You've Always Loved. Scrub the potato, and pierce the skin several times with a knife or fork. Rub the skin with olive oil, then with salt.
A baked potato is a blank canvas for an endless array of tasty toppings. From classic sour cream, crumbled bacon, and cheddar to Mediterranean-inspired tapenade, capers, and goat cheese, the only limit is your imagination. Baked potatoes also make a perfect vessel for leftovers—try chili, green bean casserole, creamed spinach, or chicken fajitas. You can have Perfectly baked Potatoes using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Perfectly baked Potatoes
- Prepare of Russet potatoes (choose larger potatoes for this).
- It’s of Kosher salt.
- You need of Fresh ground black pepper.
- You need of Garlic powder.
- It’s of Vegetable or olive oil.
- You need of Butter.
- Prepare of Sour cream.
- Prepare of Shredded cheese.
- It’s pieces of Crispy bacon.
- You need of Chives.
- Prepare of Sea salt or garlic salt.
- You need of Black pepper.
Any potato can be baked, but for the perfect baked potato with the desired flaky texture, it is recommended that mature, baking-type potatoes such as the Russet potatoes be used. Russets are known as a starchy potato, a baking potato, or a mealy potato. This inexpensive, simple, family-friendly staple makes a great side dish or main event, depending how you top it. Here's how to bake a potato perfectly every time, with tips for starting a baked potato in the microwave if you're short on time, and how to accommodate the oven temperature of whatever else you might be cooking.
Perfectly baked Potatoes instructions
- Pre heat oven to 400° degrees and line a baking sheet with foil and or with a wire rack..
- Wash and dry potatoes and poke holes all over potatoes with a fork.
- Coat each potato in a little oil and lightly sprinkle on salt, pepper and garlic powder and lay on a wire rack on the baking tray or just place on lined baking tray.
- Put baking tray in the oven and set your timer for 20 minutes. Then flip potatoes over and set timer again for another 20 minutes. Then flip 1 more time and continue to bake for 20 more minutes..
- When ready to eat. Slice potatoes open and fluff up with a fork and add in some butter, sour cream, cheese, bacon, chives, salt and pepper I'll use a little garlic salt. Add what you like and enjoy !.
This loaded baked potato dish is a spin on a favorite family recipe I have made for years: ham and potato casserole. It's a great recipe when you have a tight food budget, and it tastes amazing! The potatoes and filling can be prepared ahead of time, then assembled prior to serving. Those baked potatoes that taste like pure, nostalgic, comforting carbohydrate magic, and remind you how satisfying a simple potato can be. That's what we're talking about today.