Autumn Sweet Potato Chowder with Kale and Sausage. Add in the sweet potatoes, chicken stock and bay leaf. Remove the bay leaf, and add in the kale. Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
This hearty corn chowder packed with sausage and potatoes is perfect for a cold weather meal or an everyday lunch. Serve with homemade bread or biscuits. The chowder calls for bulk Italian sausage, but a spicy fresh chorizo or country-style sausage may be used as well, or use a mild breakfast sausage. You can cook Autumn Sweet Potato Chowder with Kale and Sausage using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Autumn Sweet Potato Chowder with Kale and Sausage
- It’s 2 of large sweet potatoes.
- You need 1 of Large shallot or yellow onion.
- You need 2 Links of Italian Sausage.
- It’s 6 cups of Kale.
- It’s 2 of large carrots.
- You need 2 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1 cup of heavy cream or whole milk.
- You need 5 cups of Chicken broth.
- Prepare 3 cups of water.
- You need 2 Tbsp of flour.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Kosher salt.
- You need 1-2 of Tblsp of shredded Parmesan Cheese.
Sweet potato hash makes for a scrumptiously savory breakfast or brunch! Prepared with diced sweet potatoes, spicy Italian sausage, red bell peppers, onions and lots of seasoning, it's a wonderfully colorful take on breakfast hash inspired by the autumn season. Autumn vegetables take on a deep sweetness after the first frost, so let them shine in this hearty soup. If you like a little heat, swap in spicy Italian sausage for the sweet.
Autumn Sweet Potato Chowder with Kale and Sausage instructions
- Peel and cube sweet potatoes and carrots into 1 inch pieces.
- In a large pot add Olive oil turn to medium heat chop up scallions add to pot with Salt saute for a 1 minute add potatoes and carrots saute for 3 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and water to pot then add Kale to combine cook for 1.5 hours or until potatoes start to soften..
- Take sausage out of casings chop up and with a saute pan add sausage to medium high heat and cook until browned add to chowder pot..
- In small bowl add flour and milk whisk till combined add to pot stir to combine simmer on medium heat for 20 minutes till thickened add black pepper or crushed red pepper flakes.
- After 20 minutes check potatoes with got to for doneness fork should go through potato.
- Once cooked through serve in bowl I toasted up some scampi bread topped chowder with shredded Parmesan Cheese enjoy😙😙.
In a large Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage; cook until browned and crumbly. Vegetable Stock: Or chicken stock, whatever you happen to have on hand. Autumn Veggies: Sweet potato, carrots, celery, onion, baby bella mushrooms and garlic. This is loaded with all the best things.