Twice Baked Potato Skins. Heat a pot with vegetable oil, fry potatoes until soft in the middle. Slice potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop the flesh into a large bowl; save skins. Mix with a hand mixer until well blended and creamy..
Cooking twice baked potatoes are not difficult and easy to transport. All you do is take the stuffing ingredients with you and cook and fill at the potluck then bake in the oven or put on the grill. These Mini Twice Baked Potato Skins would be perfect. You can cook Twice Baked Potato Skins using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Twice Baked Potato Skins
- It’s 5 of baking potatoes.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need 1 lb. of bacon, diced and cooked.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sliced green onions.
- You need 1 Tbsp. of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 1/4 cup of sour cream.
- It’s of Seasonings of choice:.
- It’s of black pepper, salt, garlic powder.
Mini Twice Baked Potato Skins Recipe. Mini Twice Baked Potato Skins are loaded with cheese and topped with bacon. Potato jackets are what baked potatoes are called often in Europe. It's essentially the skins of the potatoes.
Twice Baked Potato Skins instructions
- Cook potatoes in oven or microwave until tender; cut in half length wise and allow to cool slightly. Carefully scoop out insides of each leaving a potato shell and place potato you scooped out in a bowl..
- Turn shells over and spray with cooking spray. Place in oven at 400 degrees for 5 to 10 minutes or until they have slightly crisped..
- Meanwhile add butter, milk, sour cream and seasonings to potato mixture and mash well to combine..
- Place potato mixture in a thin layer on each potato shell. Note: you will have left over mashed potatoes; save for later use if you wish..
- Top each with cheddar cheese and place back in oven for an additional 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese has melted..
- Top each with cooked bacon and green onions..
- I served mine with my restaurant ranch dressing. Enjoy!.
If you make twice baked potatoes you can call them twice baked jackets and they are the same! Can you make these double baked potatoes ahead of time? Yes, you sure can make the baked potatoes ahead of time. Slice open the baked potatoes and, keeping the skins intact, scoop the insides into a medium bowl. Transfer the onion mixture to the bowl.