Baked Stuffed sweet potatoes. Whether you call them stuffed, twice-baked, or loaded, the whole family is sure to enjoy these jazzed up sweet potatoes. Go savory with ingredients like chorizo, eggs, and chipotle butter, or choose sweet with a sprinkling of pecans and a dash of marshmallows. This is nothing new since chili is pretty much the most classic baked potato topping other than butter, cheese, and sour cream.
Pierce sweet potatoes with fork and place on baking sheet. Cut lengthwise slice off top of each potato. In medium bowl, mash potato pulp. You can have Baked Stuffed sweet potatoes using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Baked Stuffed sweet potatoes
- You need 4 of med-large sweet potatoes.
- It’s 1 head of broccoli (cut into florrets).
- You need 2 tbs of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 tbs of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- It’s 15 oz of can small white beans.
- Prepare 3/4 c of water.
- You need 1 cup of shredded Monterey jack cheese.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of kosher salt.
- Prepare of Optional: bbq chicken.
Add milk, butter and brown sugar; beat til fluffy. Take the traditional baked potato and raise it up a few notches by swapping it out for a sweet potato and stuffing it with some great ingredients like bacon and sour cream. Let them dry completely, then pierce all over with a fork. Place on a foil or parchment-lined baking sheet, then brush with oil and sprinkle with salt.
Baked Stuffed sweet potatoes instructions
- Preheat oven to 450. Poke holes with a fork all over sweet potatoes. Roast potatoes for 50-70 minutes. In the meantime, in a large skillet heat olive oil on medium heat. Add garlic, after about 30 seconds, add broccoli, red pepper flakes & kosher salt. Saute 5-7 minutes. Drain & rinse beans. In a blender add beans, water, 1/2 c shredded cheese, and kosher salt. Blend until well combined..
- Cut centers off from potatoes. Drizzle with olive oil (optional) and salt. Place cheese mixture, then broccoli then chicken (if using) then top with the rest of the cheese. Bake 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted..
Stuffed Baked Sweet Potatoes with Pecans Stuffed Baked Sweet Potatoes with Pecans. Stuff the baked sweet potatoes with a layer of caramelized onions and diced, sautéed apples before sprinkling crispy bacon pieces and cheddar cheese on top. On a baking sheet, prick sweet potatoes all over with a fork. Let cool, then split the tops open with a knife and top with a pat of butter. After cutting your sweet potatoes in half, lenth-wise, for this vegan greek potatoes recipe, bake cut side down.