Smoke bake potatoes. Smoked baked potatoes are the tastiest potatoes you'll ever eat! Soft and fluffy with perfectly seasoned skin. Smoking baked potatoes may just be the easiest thing you do on your smoker.
I suggest over this making our air fryer baked potatoes because the skins come out amazingly tasty. And NOW you have the recipe for smoked baked potatoes!! This is what you'll need: Potatoes – medium size, we used russet, sweet potatoes could be used too; Olive oil Comments for Smoked baked potatoes. You can cook Smoke bake potatoes using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Smoke bake potatoes
- Prepare of Potatoes.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- You need of Garlic powder.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Any other seasoning you like.
- Prepare of Smoker and wood chips of choice I use hickory.
Smoked baked potatoes? by: Anonymous Cooking potatoes in a microwave just doesn't leave a smoky favor, nor does putting them in a smoker for two hours. I suspect any potato that is baked could be called delicious, but simply putting them in a smoker, especially if they are wrapped in foil doesn't really qualify for a "smoked baked potato". Smoked Baked Potatoes Hey Grill, Hey. black pepper, coarse salt, olive oil, russet potatoes. Smoked Baked Potatoes CDKitchen. chips, pecan, baking potatoes.
Smoke bake potatoes instructions
- Pre heat smoker and set it up with your favorite wood chips. I use Hickory. Set up the water pan… I like to start on a high setting and go to med heat when I put the potatoes in..
- Poke holes in all of the potatoes. I use a shish kebab skewers, try and all the way though, it’s ok if you can’t… do a lot of holes all over on each one… the more holes the better… this helps the smoke go through….
- In a bowl add the the potatoes after you put holes in them, drizzle with Olive oil add seasoning mix with hands, and make sure all of them are covered with the oil and seasonings.
- Place in smoker 2-4 hrs until done.
Remove potato and wrap each in a double layer of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Smoked baked potatoes are easy, but there are a few common issues we see people run into that you should try to avoid. Read on to make sure your potatoes end up perfect! It's going to take some time to get a perfect potato. Don't try and take short-cuts for the best results.